Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Super MC Takumar 28/3.5 : Jupiter

I was using the 600 rule of astrophotography for the first time tonight and got this cool  shot of a star and the back of my house I dont know which star  however, Ill have to look it up :)


the 600 rule  is: 600/focal length = longest exposure you can get without the stars being blurred 

 so for me my 28mm with the crop field of view is 42mm so thats a 14 second exposure, maximum, but once I reduced the exposure time to 10 seconds it was less blown out

ISO 800 f5.6 10 seconds, adjusted for levels and curves in photoshop

3 comments:

  1. After further inspection, I think its the planet Jupiter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rule depends on the size of the circle of confusion. If one is assuming 0,03mm (for FF), the correct rule is 411/f.

    ReplyDelete