Monday, January 23, 2012

Leitz Canada Elmarit 135/2.8: Sad Knight

hmm

Everytime I think about selling this lens I end up using it and am impressed with the results, so this was a double test:

1: Testing some settings in LR I never use , and
2: High ISO on the M8, this is ISO 2500 , which is nothing radical for a new camera ( my Pentax KX shoots 12800!) but for a 6 yr old rangefinder its not too bad.

 I can see where the *rumour* that Leica made the higher ISO  noise look like film grain came from, what do you think?

Its desaturated it about 20% for that retro look that I like :) I am presently enamored with the idea of film, but a digital darkroom is so much simpler and also easier to clean up ( and doesnt smell or pose a danger to the kids)

here is the look I was going for




 What I could do is use a 256MB card and that would give me 24 DNG files just like an old roll of film, but I'd end up chimping and deleting the ones I didnt like anyway.........

ISO 2500 f2.8 1/45th of a second

No comments:

Post a Comment