Friday, January 28, 2011

Contax Carl Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 T* : Portraiture excellence

One of the bargains I found that is normally not a bargain was my Contax Planar 85 lens , or to call it by its full name the:

Cpntax Carl Zeiss T* 85/1.4 Planar   I got for a really great price from a retired photographer in Saskatoon

The downside of it is that it wont work on my KX without some hardware modifications and I am reluctant to do so as its a rare German made version as I said before.

 The upside is : the incredible clarity and definition even on a 7 year old Canon Rebel XT , this was taken at a party for my daughter and using natural light only . Handheld and wide open my mother seems to pop out of the frame, but as she said " I look like an old woman" funny how being 67 does that to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment