Monday, January 24, 2011

Super Multi Coated Takumar 50mm/1.4 : Portrait in natural light ISO 1600

I went to a kids birthday party and took along my trusty KX and the Super MC Takumar 50mm/1.4 just in case :)

  This is my go-to lens when I want to just shoot and not worry about anything, I had a lot of fun and most importantly so did the kids, especially once the cake was broken out

This shot is at F1.4 wide open and amazingly its at ISO 1600! the credit goes to the KX's excellent sensor and Adobe lightroom 3s noise reduction algorithm , you can see that the eyes are in focus, and almost everything else is smoothly out of focus , the lighting from the right is reflected from outdoors and is bouncing off all the snow , roll on spring!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great shot.

    It's a great lens for sure. I have the 50 & the 55 and they are quite different. I think the 55 may be sharper wide open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, but if you stop the 50 down to 1.8 or f2 its just as sharp I think . ( 55 is also a LOT less expensive!)

    ReplyDelete