Friday, December 23, 2011

Super MC Takumar 50/1.4: New technique with old favourite II

Part II of my new technique postings, I suspect there will be a lot more shots forthcoming over the holidaze.

 As much as I try to use a flash unit, I always prefer to use natural light and then try workarounds like using higher ISOs or bracing my arm/camera on my knees or a wall etc to try and keep it stable at such slow shutter speeds

 I always have the backup plan of converting them to B+W like this if the results arent what I wanted due to blur or grain

 SAying all this, Im glad that the flash unit I did buy cost me 40 bucks, I'd be a bit miffed if I spent 400+ on one, especially saying I rarely use it!


 this shot is in the murky Gym with teh terrible lighting:
    ISO 800 f1.4 1/40th of a second

No comments:

Post a Comment