Monday, February 7, 2011

Helios44m-6 58mm f2 : Stunning bokeh smoothness

This is one of the first photos I took with my Helios 44 that I bought off a Russian guy who lives in Vancouver now , total cost was 48 dollars with caps and a metal lens hood as he said the lens has some scratches on it.

As you can see, the scratches dont seem to bother it at all, and the colours seem nice and vibrant, and the smooth background bokeh is beautiful, very painterly and pleasing to the eye. This is a M42 lens that I had to modify slightly as described earlier , as its an Auto lens only, and no matter what I did, it wouldnt stop down the aperture ( duh! ) as it didnt have anything to push the pin to enable the actuating mechanism inside. Quick fix was some solicone tubing, replace the backing plate and its now a pure Manual H44m-6.

 This shot was taken outdoors ona bright summer morning, and it was just a test to see how the lens rendered backgrounds, and shallow depth of field , the 2 problems were that I was new at using manual settings and it was taken as a JPG not as a RAW file , you can also see I was new at post processing the older lens shots ( OK so thats 3 things)

Laterz

No comments:

Post a Comment