Sunday, January 23, 2011

Contax Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm /1.4 T* sharp as a razor......well if someone else uses it

This is one of the sharpest lenses ever created, so of course I used it to take some abstract nature shots :)

  This one was taken wide open outside the YMCA as the summer sun dropped behind the trees and buildings , using the older Canon Rebel XT as Pentax wont accept the Contax /Yashica mount lenses unless you do some hardware modifications to it , its not destructive, but a bit pricey and fiddly the gentlemans website is here: Contax and Leica mods for Pentax   I havent tried them myself, but I hear really good things about the work he has done for others .

A small tidbit about this lens is that it is the MMG version ( G for made in W Germany, as opposed to the MMJ made in, you guessed it, Japan)  I really like this lens, but its worth quite  abit of money and I dont want to hack/mod it, so I will probably sell it in the near future and use the money for something almost as good ( details to follow!)

thanks for reading, now I am running out of archived photos and will have to get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment