Monday, January 31, 2011

Asahi Pentax Super MC Takumar 50/1.4 : Sushi tools

Im almost out of stock archival images!! Oh noes!
this was from last weeks sushi escapade, I didnt realise how much I manipulate some of these scenes until I looked atthe files afterwards .

I dont mean by post processing , I mean moving items around, or removing things from the shot , or angling menus and/or napkins to reflect light around. As you can see in the shot to the left , Its a bottle of Soy sauce, 3 small dishes ( I dont know their proper name) and chopsticks that I removed from their wrapper but unseparated. The first few didnt work out, but once I removed the napkins and placemats , and slid the items directly under a spotlight, it was the shot I was looking for . My daughter says I used a menu to reflect the light onto the bottle.

 Super Multi Coated Takumar 50/1.4 at f1.4 and ISO 800 .


The news I was talking about was grabbing an actual autofocus pentax lens, the FA 50/1.4 that has the same optical formula as this lens, so we shall see how the images turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment